Friday, June 5, 2009

Wealth Management

I was driving home from the grocery store today, and saw a sign for a bank. Underneath the name on the sign was listed some of the bank's services. One of them was "Wealth Management." I laughed when I saw that, thinking in this economy, who has wealth to manage? Then I thought, "Boy, I'd like some wealth to manage."

Immediately I began to think of what I do have. Maybe it was God reminding me to be thankful. I may not have much monetary wealth as the world measures it. But I have my Savior, a husband who loves me, four great children, friends, a Bible believing church, health, a good education, and I live in the best country in the world (even with its current government, it's still the best).

I also have a roof over my head, clean water to drink, plenty to eat, a bed, reliable vehicles, clothes to wear, more than one Bible, lots of books to read, and many more things. So maybe I do have monetary wealth, as compared to many in the world who do not have these things.

I don't usually become so philosophical while driving home from the grocery store. But that sign made me think of how much I have and how wealthy I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment