Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rather random ramblings...

I hope Lisa L. is reading this. Do you like my alliteration Lisa, or does it make you nearly nauseous?

I am interested in seeing if anyone reads and/or comments on this blog entry when I haven't advertised it on Facebook. Maybe you have noticed that I am taking a break from FB. I am working on a blog about why. Maybe I will post it, maybe not. So far only one person has noticed that I have no wall on FB. It's been almost 48 hours since I last posted. For me that's pretty unusual. I've haven't even posted any links I find helpful, but no one seemed to be reading. I am going through withdrawals. I keep reading articles and other blogs that I really want to post the link to. I'm thinking about temporarily deactivating my account unless there is a public out cry.


Update on my walking: I did pretty well last week, this week not so much. I didn't walk Sunday, except for walking the dog. Monday I walked 2 miles with one of my daughters. Tuesday that daughter walked without me. She didn't invite me to go, and I was feeling too contrary to ask if I could go with her. Wednesday, nada (except for walking the dog - which doesn't amount to much). It was too hot and humid, I was too tired, I was felt lazy, I was depressed. So today, which is predicted to be the hottest day of a really hot week, I got up from wallowing in freakish misery, and walked three miles. Go figure. Ok, so I wasn't really wallowing in freakish misery. I just like the sound of that quote from Princess Bride, one of my favorite movies.

My goal is to lose enough weight and flab to be able to wear my wedding and engagement ring on the correct finger. Right now I wear my wedding ring on my pinkie, and cannot wear the engagement ring at all. About 50 pounds ago was when I could last wear both on my ring finger. I would like to lose more than 50 pounds, but that's my first goal anyway.

One of my college friends says I write the way I talk. I ramble. Do you think I ramble, I don't. Well, sometimes. Anyway, I think I have ADD. Look at that bird out there! (That's a joke, get it?) Well, I have been seeing some really interesting birds this summer. A blue jay eats our cats' food, and I found a bright yellow feather the other day.

It is hot here. Hotter than usual. Hotter than I like. But we have a/c thankfully, and it's much, much hotter in the Middle East where many of our brave soldiers are. And as an former pastor of ours used to say when people complained about the lack of air conditioning in the church: You think it's hot here, it's much hotter in hell.

If you read this, kindly comment, and you will get extra points if you use alliteration!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you on FB, but I understand why you are taking a break. Love you!

    ReplyDelete