Friday, January 19, 2018

Boot Camp!

My co-workers and I at Delmont Public Library are attending a fitness boot camp at Wallace Training Systems.
In conjunction with our Health Fair month, my cou-workers and I decided to embark upon a 4 week Boot Camp. With the sponsorship of the Friends of Delmont Library, we have begun a three times a week strength training sessions at Wallace Training Systems. I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm really out of shape. It was tough, but I felt I got a good workout. It was nice to do this with people I know, and who are about in the same shape as me. I've been in exercise classes before where I knew nobody and felt like everyone else was so much more fit than me. It was nice that the guys at Wallace Training Systems adapted the exercises to fit our abilities and goals. They didn't push us to do things that were too hard for us at this point, but they made it challenging all the same. I lost a lot of weight, but I still have areas that need shaping up, and I really need to improve my upper body strength. This will really help with that. I'm looking forward to getting stronger and more fit and to continuing this journey

No comments:

Post a Comment